PARENTS > TRANSPORTATION
BUS / SCHOOL TRANSPORTATION
Parents who are concerned about a bus problem (a bus often late or a bus that does not arrive, a problem with a route, etc.) should phone the Transportation Department at (514) 422-3001 or visit the Transportation website: https://www.lbpsb.qc.ca/transportation
- Transportation services are offered to our students to bring the students to school and to return the students home after school ONLY.
- Students are NOT permitted to take a friend’s bus to go to their friend’s house even with a note from parents.
Bus Pass: Students MUST have their bus pass with them during the entire school year. The bus pass is the property of the school board and may not be loaned or transferred to another student. Student’s bus passes are available on the Parent Fusion Portal.
Transportation of equipment: Students are permitted to carry ONLY their school bag and/or lunch box on the school bus. Any other items MUST be brought to school by the parents.
School Bus Safety Rules
All school rules as well as predetermined Board and bus safety rules as stated below will apply while students are being transported.
- Always be at the bus stop 10 minutes early.
- Wait for the bus to come to a complete stop, then board the school bus in single file, in an orderly fashion, using the handrail.
- Find your assigned seat quickly, without pushing other students. Keep the aisle clear.
- Remain seated, talk quietly.
- Not eat, drink, or leave trash on the bus.
- Always listen to the driver’s instructions.
- Never put your head or arms out of the windows.
- Know where the emergency exits are but DO NOT tamper with them.
- When getting off, wait until the vehicle comes to a complete stop before leaving your seat. Descend in a single file.
- Walk a safe distance from the bus so that the driver can see you and know that you are out of danger.
- Should you need to cross in front of the bus, keep a safe distance and watch for the driver's signal. Do not run. Proceed with caution.
(For more details refer to the Lester B. Pearson School Board Student Transportation Policy.)
Unruly Conduct on the School Bus: depending on the seriousness of the offence, a student may have transportation privileges suspended immediately, or as follows:
|warning by school administration, parents/guardians notification, detentions
|parents/guardians notification with warning of suspension and one or more detentions
|parents/guardians notification, suspension of bus privileges for 1 to 5 days, parents/guardians are responsible for student transportation
|Five (5) days or more suspension of bus privileges
The use of scooters by students to and from school is a privilege. Students must adhere to the following regulations if they wish to drive scooters to and from school:
- Students are to park their scooter in the designated area.
- Students are to be responsible and respect all road safety regulations.
- Students and parents must sign a contract with the school’s administration highlighting the fact that they understand the regulations regarding the use of scooters while at school.
- The school is not responsible for any vandalism or damage sustained to student’s scooters while at school.
- Failure to follow the outlined regulations will result in the removal of scooter privileges.
- All scooters must be parked in the designated area. Students with scooters outside the designated area will have their scooter parking privileges revoked.
- All scooters must be registered with the school office before students will be permitted to park.
Late busses: Special bus routes will be provided and late bus passes will be sold to those students involved in supervised afterschool activities ONLY (i.e. tutoring, homework program, music, sports or special events). Details (time, days & cost per ride) will be finalized in September of every school year.
Parking is prohibited in the bus lanes in the front of the school, during bus front of the main arrival and departure times (7:20 – 8:00 and 1:25 – 2:35). (building and especially in the bus lanes.) This is a designated drop-off and pick-up area for bus use (only.) With parental cooperation, student safety during drop-off and pick-up will be maximized. The school parking lot is for the use of the school’s staff only. Students are not permitted to park on school property. Unauthorized vehicles may have to be removed (ie: towed) to ensure that there are sufficient spaces for personnel.
Motor Vehicles (Scooters, Cars) and Bicycles
We strongly advise students not to bring their bicycles or motor bikes to school owing to the fact that over the years, a number have been stolen or damaged. Since we are unable to supervise adequately the area where bicycles (scooters) are parked, we cannot accept any responsibility for bicycles (scooters) which are stolen or damaged. Bicycles (scooters) must be locked. The school is not in a position to provide facilities to park bicycles or motor vehicles.
Students who wish to drive an automobile (motor vehicle) to the school may do so, but the school is not in a position to provide parking facilities.)
At Westwood Senior High School, students are not permitted to skateboard on school property, at any time. Skateboards will be confiscated and student assigned one or more after school detentions and/or suspension.